Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bright Plaid in Grant Park


Hey guys! First off, sorry for the photo overload today. Alex took these for me again, and it turned into a full blown photoshoot all over Grant Park :) Onto the outfit..this skirt is actually a dress. I've seen so many bloggers transform dresses by just putting some kind of top over it. This dress was a little tricky because it's strapless, and it has big buttons going up the middle all the way to the top. I ended up putting a camisole underneath, and I added a scarf to cover up any weird looking fabric underneath.

Oh, and a quick tip for anyone visiting Chicago: If you're going to wear a skirt or dress, make sure you wear opaque tights underneath since the wind is crazy and unpredictable. These tights definitely saved me from a few free shows today! :)

Looking really awesome with my backpack haha.
Dress(worn as skirt): Secondhand shop (Brand, Ecote, sold at Urban Outfitters originally)
Top: Forever 21
Tights: TJ Maxx
Scarf: H&M
Belt: Forever 21
Boots: DSW (Brand, Diba)

4 comments:

  1. Cool scarf!
    cute blog :)
    www.kate-inspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loove your combat boots! I'm so tempted to look for them (DSW? really!?) but I already have far too many black boots ;)

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yep DSW! a while back though. they are seriously falling apart. i've tripped many times because the soles are coming off at the front haha. but i love them so much and (obviously) wear them a lot. comfiest shoes i own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool scarf!
    www.kate-inspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete