Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ripper Hipster


For today's outfit I decided to embrace my hipsterness to the max(I do go to art school after all). This might not be the kind of outfit everyone would wear, and I certainly wouldn't wear it anywhere important, but for class/working on final projects at school this was perfect. There are so many "hipster" aspects of my outfit..but I don't see this as a bad thing. It really is the kind of style I like, and I hate when people use the word hipster as a bad thing. Maybe because someone said "whaaat a f**king hipster" to me a couple weeks ago as I was shooting some film for class(ugh so rude), but I'm a bit sensitive about the whole hipster thing. Probably because people tend to use it to judge a person just because they're dressed a certain way. I stick out like a sore thumb when I'm not at school if I dress super hipster-y, and I just wish people weren't so judge-y. But obviously I don't care that much, because I dress for myself and no one else :) And you should too!

Ohh boy. I did not know this blog post would turn into..that. haha. Also, sorry about the subpar pictures(and my windex cameo haha). It was already dark when I got back from printing photos for my photography final, but I still wanted to post this outfit because I feel like I usually only post my more put together looks. I hope wherever you live is getting as springy as it is here! Supposed to be in the 80s the week!! :D



Top: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Forever 21
Belt: Abercrombie & Fitch (years ago)
Boots: DSW (Brand, Diba)
Necklace: Forever 21

PS-If you'd like to leave your thoughts on style labeling(like "hipster"), please do! I'd love to know what you think!

1 comment: