Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Subtly Feathered


These photos are from me and Mary's second downtown outfit shoot/apartment hunting/general summer fun day. I probably could've made that less confusing but I'm on the verge of falling asleep and I set today as my deadline for getting this post up. Must. Blog. Not that it's not something I don't love doing, it just tends to fall to the wayside(what does that even mean?) when life gets a bit too hectic. I'm sure lots of you know what I mean. :)

As you can see it was a beautiful day, so an outfit photo shoot was definitely necessary. Oh, and you might be wondering about the name of this post. My necklace and shirt have feathers on them, so 'subtly feathered' it was. I swear, naming posts can be the hardest part of getting a blog post up. 

Quick note about summer dressing: it's HARD. I find that it's so much harder to be creative and fun with my fashion in the summer, since well..I'm wearing less articles of clothing. I might have to start wearing *gasp* dresses! Nothing against them, it's just never been my thing. But since I'm itching to expand my summer clothes options, I may just have to dust off the dresses I have.

One more thing and I'm off to bed: I would kill for this weather again(okay, not quite). Today I'm wearing pants, long sleeves, a scarf, and a jacket...come ON, it's JUNE! Coldest summer ever. Okay, I'm done now. Not blogging for awhile leads to some long posts!

Super pretty flowers at our favorite lakefront coffee shop :)
Mary in her adorably summery getup!
The cute little path we shot our photos at..although there was some sketchy yelling and whatnot further down so we stayed near the top haha.
Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Gap Outlet
Shoes: TOMS Shoes
Necklace: Forever 21






1 comment:

  1. 1. Say yes to a dress! (ahah I'm so clever) they're my summer staples!
    2. I am never complaining about the weather being too hot again. Were we really at the BEACH a few weeks ago?
    3. Holla for scary people yelling at the bottom of those steps. We rock at being non-confrontational people haha :)

    ReplyDelete