Thursday, December 29, 2011

Leather Sleeves


Well...this is starting to get awkward. At this rate, I'll only post blog 12 times in 2012. SO not okay with that. New year's resolution = blog more! For real though I miss blogging. I've used the excuse of being busy for not blogging tons of times, but every blogger is busy. I think I've come to the realization that an important part of being a successful blogger is making time for it, not just using extra time to blog. So, with that said, I'm going to try oh so hard to make more time for my blog. I already have so many posts that I'm itching to do. :)

Now that that's out of the way, I wore this outfit an embarrassingly long time ago. Like...week of Thanksgiving if I remember correctly. This outfit would not work for the current winter temperatures. I wore this when I was in a bit of a fashion rut, so I went for a completely different look than I usually wear. I hardly ever wear flares or completely tucked in shirts so putting them together was super new for me. I've loved it on so many bloggers so I just had to try it for myself. I wore this out to dinner with my family, and the first thing my older brother said to me was "...are those leather sleeves?" Yes. Yes they are. This coat may be a bit of a man repeller, but I still love it. Plus, I replenish/update my brother's wardrobe twice a year on his birthday and Christmas so he can't even talk. He should be thanking me.

Last thing...I absolutely love how these photos turned out. Me and my roommate/fellow blogger Mary found this amazing light right behind our apartment. I'm picturing a winter outfit shoot with this light when we finally get some snow up here.

I hope that those of you who celebrate Christmas had an amazing time with your family! My Christmas outfit post will be posted very shortly :)

Coat: Forever 21
Shirt: TJ Maxx
Jeans: Forever 21
Bracelets: Forever 21, Target, H&M
Necklace: American Eagle
Belt: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx
Shoes: DSW

PS - I need to get a new go-to pose. Hand-on-the-hip is being seriously overused here.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blouse!! :) Still no snow, huh? It's super warm here, too. It's going to be 70 this weekend. That's crazy warm even for Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jacket is all sorts of delicious. i wasn't sure at first but the more i looked at it the harder it was to look away. it's so cool! your outfit is delightful!

    jemmza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are incredibly gorgeous!! I am lovvvvving your coat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit -- and i love your hair colour -- beautiful!



    Fashion
    Translated

    ReplyDelete