Monday, July 11, 2011

5am Wakeup Call


Gotta love the magic of photoshop! Setting up a tripod and snapping my 2 go-to poses gets old real fast so I thought I'd do something a little different for these outfit photos, and have some editing fun. I don't know what's with my blog drought lately, but I don't like it. I can tell that it's affecting my style too. Usually when I don't blog as much, I'm not reading as many blogs either. Which ultimately leads to feeling a lack of inspiration when I get dressed. Enough I say! I'm so over it. Funny how lacking a bit of style for a week makes you realize how good it feels to absolute love an outfit.

Okay, enough rambling! I wore this outfit to class in Chicago. I've noticed that my Milwaukee > Chicago commute outfits are all about layers. The weather can be totally different even though they're really not all that far apart. This outfit was all about mixing patterns/textures. Lace+Denim+Pattern = a super easy throw-on-at-5am outfit(yes, 5am. I wish I was kidding about that).

Denim Button-Up: H&M
Top: Urban Outfitters
Leggings/Pants: TJ Maxx
Shoes: TOMS Shoes
Jewelry: Forever 21

And now a random shot I took while taking these in my backyard. I just love how everything looks after it rains.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that first photo! So flippin' cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photoshopping you did! that is a really cute way to change things up a bit - i think i might have to give that a try soon!

    xo danni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there are three of you!  :)  Mad impressed w the photoshop skills.  Also, love the black and goldy-green top.  And the Toms!  Okay, apparently I like everything in this post.  That's never a bad thing, right? 

    ReplyDelete